Brands have the unique opportunity to make sustainability themes relevant in your organization and for your customers. In the end, your brands at their products represent your company. Brands will connect with consumers and create an emotional value, which can contribute to changing consumer behavior.
Relevant and valuable for your brand and organization
Connecting sustainability to your brand will create the following opportunities for your brand
- reinforces your brand identity and differentiates your brand
- connects with your consumer with relevant consumer activation
- triggers new innovations which can result into market growth or cost saving
- makes sustainability relevant for your organisation and create employee engagement for the program
- makes your sustainability program visible
Hoe to stay credible?
Embedding sustainability successfully in your brand requires a strategy that
- a clear focus on only those social/environmental theme that has a logic connection with your brand and is relevant for your consumer
- is based on the positive impact a brand can make, given the brand strength
- is linked to the brand identity.
- A supermarket has an valuable role in our society. Their contribution to a sustainable future would not only focus on reducing their own carbon footprint and sourcing more sustainable products, they can also help en inspire their customers te make the right choices, stimulate recycling and engage consumers in investing in social projects. It become relevant for your brand when you offer and communicate these initiatives in a tone of voice that fit with your brand.
- An airliner has a direct impact on the environment by flying with airplanes consuming less fuel and development of cleaner/renewable fuel. At the same time they have a broad reach of consumers, who they can inspire and invite to do their bit for a greener, cleaner world and a better future for everyone.
- A bank has the power to support the development of sustainable initiatives. Some banks will focus more on local investment, while other banks with a clear focus on the business market can connect to their strength to accelerate the development of small innovations to become impactful.
- One of the societal issues of beer brands is the alcohol abuse. While each company is cooperating with local authorities to develop alcohol prevention, a brand can play their role to inspire consumers to make moderate consumption cool and aspirational. A message that is more credible and inspiring and will trigger consumers to change behavior.
Do you want to make your sustainability program impactful and create a meaningful brand? Please contact Kirsten Barnhoorn or call 06-46003306.